Search This Blog

About me

Followers

Twitter

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday 5 February 2013
Mythology is a very creative twist on the supernatural world, written by Helen Boswell.

Book description:

Hope Gentry doesn’t believe in Fate. Born with an unusual power to see the dark memories of those around her, Hope just wants to be a normal teenager. But on the first day of her senior year of high school, she finds herself irresistibly drawn to a transfer student named Micah Condie. At first glance, Micah seems like a boy that most girls would dream about. But when Hope's powers allow her to discover Micah's darkest secret, she quickly becomes entangled in the lives of mythical entities she never dreamed existed. Was this her destiny all along? And will her powers help her survive the evil of the Demon Impiorum?

Mythology isn’t just for English class anymore.


I've heard so many of my friends talk about this book but I never knew what it was about. What pushed me to read it was my friend Nicole, she couldn't stop telling me how wonderfully amazing this book was. She also told me I was really going to love Micah, which she told me was on twitter. So because of her my curiosity got the best of me and I bought the book. I can officially say I am very thankful that I did.

Mythology is so unique and different from so many mythological or supernatural books I have read, and I read a lot of those. It's hard for me to even put into words how much I truly love this phenomenal book. It is truly one of a kind. I will for warn new readers like I was warned that you may experience mini heart attacks and the casual fainting!

Helen's character will completely compel you to keep reading until you think your eyes will fall out hahah! This book is so compelling , spellbinding and witty that you won't be able to get enough. This good vs evil, demons vs angels spin will overload your mind with new thoughts and opinions. My opinions on demons have changed thanks to the book, yours will too!

First off we meet Hope which automatically from the get go you come to know that she isn't like a regular teen. She has a special gift that she's not even to sure about. She's socially awkward , shy and normally keeps to her self unless she's with her friends. Her personally changes once the strange and slightly elusive Micah transfers to her school. He's the new hottie in school that all the girl gossip about. Right away Hope feels drawn to him, there is this strange sense of peace that surrounds him that Hope has been in desperate need of. While she may be drawn to the new boy he hasn't been blind to her either. He's very intrigued by her strange ways. Unfortunately he has some dark secrets of his own that he's not fully aware of. They are match made In heaven right?! :p Along the way we encounter some exciting and fascinating character that do influence the progression of the story but I won't devolve on those I'll let you be pleasantly surprised :). Another character we meet early on in Jonathan, he seems very withdrawn and otherworldly. You will later discover why he has his little corks ^_^, you will slowly start to love his character and his witty remarks.

All in all this book was beautifully written, Helen Is a very special and talented writer. You will truly be enchanted by this work of art, I was hence why it was hard for me to put into words how amazing this book truly is, you'll have to read it to understand what I'm talking about. I give this book 5 stars. I'll definitely be reading it again ^_^.

Helen is also currently working on the second installment of the series so keep an eye out for more, demons, more love and more heart stoping drama!!

0 comments: