Search This Blog

About me

Followers

Twitter

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Friday 27 June 2014
 
 
 
Author
 
 
 
 
Genre: Sci Fi Fantasy

Series: Blood Skies

Author: Steven Montano
 
 
BLOOD SKIES
Blood Skies, Book 1
 
Blurb~
In the time after The Black, human survivors of the Southern Claw Alliance clash with vampire legions of the Ebon Cities in a constant war for survival. Earth as we know it has been forever damaged by an arcane storm that fused our world with distant realms of madness and terror. Things that once existed only in our nightmares stalk the earth.
 
Now, humanity is threatened by one of its own.
 
Eric Cross, an enlisted warlock in the Southern Claw military, is part of an elite team of soldiers and mages in pursuit of a woman known as Red -- a witch whose stolen knowledge threatens the future of the human race. The members of Viper Squad will traverse haunted forests and blighted tundra in their search for the traitor, a journey that ultimately leads them to the necropolis of Koth.
 
There, in that haven of renegade undead, Cross will discover the dark origins of magic, and the true meaning of sacrifice...
 
Experience a dark and deadly new world in the debut novel of the "Blood Skies" series from author Steven Montano.
 
Book 1, Blood Skies is currently FREE on Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
 
 
VAMPIRE DOWN
Blood Skies, Book 7
 
Coming June 27th!
 
Who ever knew the end would come so soon?
 
In this final volume of the BLOOD SKIES series, Eric Cross and Danica Black find themselves facing impossible odds in the desolate ruins of the world they once knew.  Hunted by the mercenary forces of the newly formed East Claw Coalition and desperate to find the elusive White Mother, the two refugees will be pushed to the limits of their abilities and sanity as they struggle to survive.
 
Meanwhile, in the near future, the undead hunter called Reaver searches for the lost city of Bloodhollow, the place where humankind will make its final stand, while the undead of New Koth and the rebellious White Children make their push to end the reign of the Ebon Kingdoms once and for all.
 
As timelines collide and the spider weaves her web, the battle for the fate of the riven world will come to its violent conclusion in the depths of a forgotten city, where unlikely heroes will emerge and hidden evils will finally be revealed...
 
Available Friday June 27th in Ebook and Print format.
 
 
GUST POST
 
What goes through your mind when writing your character Eric Cross? Do you ever envision yourself as your characters for inspiration?

I think when I first started writing Eric I tried not so much to envision myself as I tried to just see things from his perspective.  I tried to take a ground’s eye view of the war, of the conflict, of being thrust into dangerous situations without feeling like you’re prepared and having to deal with all of this tremendous pressure.  Part of that, I’m sure, is what I was feeling as a writer at the time, knowing that for the first time I was planning to put out this work that people everywhere would see and understanding that it would be scrutinized and criticized, and that really freaked me out, so in a way that put me in Eric’s shoes.
The deeper into the story I got, the more I realized I was putting a lot more of myself into Eric than I’d intended.  I tried to imagine how I would carry on in these situations, how I would react, and while I’m certainly not saying I’d be anywhere as brave or resourceful as Cross I do think that self-doubt, that fear and that hesitation he feels, especially in the first book, are fairly indicative of what I or anyone would feel under those terrifying circumstances.  As the books develop and Cross grows I tried to develop him into a much more heroic figure, but he’s still nagged by those same insecurities and doubts, which I think is pretty natural.  We grow, we develop, we overcome, but even the strongest of us are still nagged by the same worries and fears we had when we were still developing, even if we manage to suppress them a bit.
So far as the other characters go, I think a little bit of me goes into each of them, but I also try to keep everyone distinct from myself as much as possible, because that allows me to explore their personalities and challenge myself to see things from their perspective, which forces me to develop their characters better since the best way to learn about someone is to observe them in a pressure situation they might not be comfortable in.  

GIVEAWAY

 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

2 comments:

Danielle Young said...

Great guest post. I love to see what part of an author ends up in their characters.

Thanks for helping out Meg!

Daezarkian13 said...

Thanks for participating in the tour! =D