Search This Blog

About me

Followers

Twitter

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 1 May 2013
Choices
 
Choices by Sydney Lane
Published 2013
Release date summer 2013
 
 
 
Fate brought her here, but will her choices destroy her dreams?

Quincy Priest made all the right choices in her small town, black-and-white life. But being perfect is tiring. So. Very. Tiring.

Wanting desperately to step out of her sister's shadow, Quincy jumps at the opportunity to attend college with her best friend. The quiet bookworm with family secrets comes out of her shell. But when Quincy meets not one, but two perfect guys, she has to make a choice. In doing so, she might forfeit the relationship she secretly longed to find.

Declan. Sweet, handsome, and perfect. He makes her feel cherished for the first time in her life.

Brody. Sexy, hot, and irresistible. He could tear down her carefully built walls.

Before she can become the woman she wants to be, Quincy will make mistakes. And suffer one unimaginable loss
 
 
I just have to say that I am very thankful that I was given the opportunity to read this story before it was released :). For her first book it's amazing :) Trust me you don't want to miss out on this, or you may regret it later.
 
This story is one of those books that you can relate too in so many ways. Everyone of us faces our own demons, we all feel guilt, love, passion, friendship, heartache and lust. Sydney really hits the make on all the previously stated emotions. Her characters truly speak to you and make you see that life is worth every moment and you should live life to the fullest because you never know what may happen.
 
This book made me want to pull my hair out, had me sitting on the edge of my seat and it also pulled at my heartstrings. I went through so many emotions while reading this book, not only that but I went with little sleep for a few nights because I just couldn't put it down. She really hooks you and sucks you in with the prologue alone...after reading it you will go crazy with  wanting to know what brought it about.
 
Not only is the concept of the story really good and well written but her characters are very real, their life and their experiences are everyday things regardless if they happened to you or not. I really liked Quincy, Jenna, Brody and Declan. We all have that one friend who is logical but brightens our day no matter what mood we are in and that's what Jenna is. As for Declan we all know that one guy who is so sweet and adorable and who is always there for you. Brody *faints* ugh I so loved him *dreamy sigh* he's your typical bad boy who has a good side to him. And last but not least Quincy the main attraction of the story. She like most of us girl, insecure, shy but very sweet. I loved her, she was one of the characters I felt closest to. I've felt most of what she's felt, I've been to the point where I've felt very guilty over the past but I mean who hasn't right? I don't typically like the main female lead but I genuinely liked her :) she didn't annoy me lol. 
 
Over all I loved this book and would recommend this to everyone I know. I give it 5 star on originality, creativity and just the over all experience of the story line. I think all of Sydney's hard work really shows in this piece of art that she created. I can not wait to read more of her work!
It's a must read for everyone, it's a great read, just pure brilliance. I wanted to get to the end so bad but now that its over it's bittersweet, I can only imagine what Sydney feels :p I would be ok with a second book to this one hahah.
 
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sydney, your teasers are awesome! One minute I'm planet Brody, the next I'm cheering team Declan!!

Unknown said...

Oh I know what you mean!!! sometimes its hard to pick what boy you like better.