Search This Blog

About me

Followers

Twitter

My Blog List

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 25 January 2014
Author: Amy A. Bartol
Publication date: August 8th 2011
Series: The Premonition:book 1
 
 
 
Book Blurb:
 
My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me–my freshman year of college. I’d been hoping that once I’d arrived on Crestwood’s campus, the nightmare that I’ve been having would go away. It hasn’t.
I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I’m grounded…sane. I look for rational explanations to even the strangest circumstances. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he’s near, I feel an attraction to him–a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you’re thinking…that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would be…if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I’m the worst thing that has ever happened to Crestwood…or him. But get this, for some reason every time I turn around he’s there, barging into my life.
What is the secret that he’s keeping from me? I’m hoping that it’s anything but what I suspect: that he’s not exactly normal…and neither am I. So, maybe Crestwood won’t be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I’ve been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is…inescapable.
 
 
 
Review:

For the last month and a half I've been in a book slump, nothing seemed to keep my attention for too long it was rather depressing. So a good friend of mine told me to head to my shelf and pick up the first book I saw that I haven't read which so happened to be Inescapable. I bought the book when I had when to the author signing in Toronto, I'd never heard of the series or the author before hand but anything that has to do with angels I certainly wouldn't pass up. I was a bit sceptical when I first started reading it because I've read many different angel books in the past so I was worried this was going to be one I wouldn't like.

I'm happy to say I'm very glad I pick this book up, it's fricken amazing!! The first few pages made me think about Lauren Kate's Fallen novel, I think that's why I was so interested. I wanted to see what was going to happen with the mysterious angry man ;). The way she has written the story is so well done you'd soon to believe it was an everyday normal story that is completely believable. It made me wish for a collage experience like that....well minus the crazy things that happen of course.

Her characters have all a unique trait that makes you like each and everyone of them, including her teacher. You may even trust someone whom you shouldn't its quite shocking once you find out. Russell is a guy anyone would be rather lucky to has, he's such a gentlemen, Buns and Brownie are friends I wish I had, they are go getting not at all afraid to loosen you up and take you out of your comfort zone. As for Reed *sighs* what can I say about him, he's a force to be reckoned with. He's hold fashioned, stubborn, caring, intense and just completely fantastic. You can not help but love him. To me he reminded me of a mix between Patch from Hush Hush and Cam from Fallen (favourite angel boys)I think the character I liked the most has to be Zee he's so very entertaining.

I loved everything about this story, from the story line, the complications, the mystery and the thrilling rang of emotion that take place. I'm ecstatic that I picked up this rare gem and that I got to meet the women behind the masterpiece. I definitely give this book five stars, Amy did a fantastic job and can not wait to read more of Evie's story.

Buy the book here:) :


Fan Art by Me
(not the gifs)
 
 P.S
will never look at 7-11 the same ever again
 
 
Angel smack down!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


0 comments: